Saturday 6 December 2008

The More Modern Killer

In a previous post I mentioned that we were going to too look for the more modern killer so here I have some examples of animated thriller/ horror title sequences, starting with Sin City. Although the style of animation is different to what we plan to do in our own I think that coulour scheme works really well. I also learnt this in my graphics class when studying old communist posters and would think this would go really well with the schitzophrinic idea. More white when on the good side and more black when on the dark side (bad pun).




Now I know that the title sequence of Catch Me If You Can wasn't created by Saul Bass but it was inspired by him. I love the simplicity of it but also the modern feel to. I think if we mix this with the graphic colour scheme mentioned above and with what Kirsty said on her blog about placeing in extreame close-ups to disorientate and confuse the spectator will work very nicely indeed.

No comments: